Wednesday, November 3, 2010

SharePoint 2010 Web Application Service Unavailable - New User Password

I recently encountered the "Service Unavailable" issue on my dev machine. I looked high and low for a solution and eventually i figured out that it was because the password of my service account had changed (the same account i log into my machine with).

So all u need to do is update the password and restart the app pool.

1. Run SharePoint 2010 Management Shell as Administrator
2. Enter the following cmdlet: Set-SPManagedAccount -UseExistingPassword
3. Enter your current username , then provide your new password.
4. Go to IIS, refresh your app list and start the stopped application.
5. Should be sorted now.

Hope that saves someone from the frustration i had.

No comments:

Post a Comment